For my multi-camera project, I need to use some compression library to round the 2G user application space limit, otherwise I can capture the data for only 1~2 secs before all the memory is filled up. I have tried to switch to 64 bit system before, but the camera driver didn’t work stably. Today I wrote a test program using a very good lossless compression library – Zlib. I thought this would meet my expectation, but the test compression ratio is only 1.7:1 for a typical scene. I guess I have to try some lossy compression library, like jpeg image compression library, this would definitely suit my case.